Saturday, July 7, 2012

Change.

Love is more than a word, more than a quality and emotion-- it's universal.




To start out, I had a pretty decent week. Some time to really focus on myself and figure things out, and what I want to get out of in life. Going back to Church last Sunday was pretty fun. Something I really missed. The Pastor is a former baseball player for the Seattle Mariners. I am not sure the time of when he played, but he is really cool, and passionate about talking about Christ.

I also got to visit Mojo again. It was just grand to spend time around him again, chatting up with JerriLynn and Sid. Playing with the other dogs that they have there as well, not all of them, but most of them. I have a very hard time accepting the fact that puppies like to lick people, and that I have not really had a dog in such a long time since Mojo. But, I know I have been telling myself that I really need to dust the cobwebs of my camera and start taking more pictures soon.

 The Job hunt is looking up for the time being, that I have an interview on the eleventh, so that is a good thing, I am still confident and very optimistic that I will find something soon. Other than that, it has been a long and rough search putting applications in, but only time will tell, and I trust God with his direction in life.

For tomorrow, I am going back to Church again, going to really try to make this a regular thing as much as I can. I have definitely been more productive than I usually am, which is also a great sign of things turning around, it really has helped me a lot mentally. Anyways, thought I would finally continue on with the topic at hand here.

Love is an amazing thing. Even the most perfect man in the world taught it. Christ gave his life out of love for us, so that we would be able to have eternal life with him. Love is a huge thing. So many different ways to show love to others. You have love for animals, friends, family and a significant other. You have love to do things for other people, for yourself and for the fun of things.

"People talk about how tough it is to love, but the truth is, love is pure and simple. It is what Christ shows and teaches to us, it is what few Men know and all Women wish for."

                                                                                     -Jacob Williams, on Love, July 2012


 Love is a universal thing. People like to describe it as a feeling, or characteristic that one has. I like to describe it as one of the greatest things that God has given to us. To truly feel the affliction of joy and happiness in our hearts. Love is always kind and never deceitful. It is not that Love hurts, it is the people who cause the hurting. Because in our hearts, we are not perfect, but in love and blind from the things that surround us, we dismiss the possibility of imperfection. We all do that, because the joy in the feeling of being in Love. 

But every now and then, there is heartache, that is in the result in being in Love. Love doesn't hurt. The key word is being, not doing. Love doesn't cause hurt. It is the action of one, or the mentality of one that causes it. You are hurt in result of being in love. People often say that it is better to love than never have gotten the chance to love. I absolutely agree with that.

Love is the strongest word in the dictionary. It makes us do things that we never thought we were capable of doing, or things that we thought we never would have said. Love can change perspective, but it is in yourself that changes, not Love. Love doesn't change a person, You change because of the result of being in Love. Most decisions that we all make, on a daily basis are subconsciously made.

"People have the perception that they can change you, but the truth in reality is, it is only you that has the full ability and control to change yourselves. It starts by understanding what you need to change within yourselves. But, it usually takes someone with heart to do it."

                                                                       -Jacob Williams, July 2012 on Change


Change is hard for a lot of people to grasp onto, even myself. I do not embrace every single change as I should, because it is great to live life putting God first and you second. I work on that every single day, even though I know that there is nothing I can do, but to trust and fully believe in Christ, with all my heart and all my mind. Change is what takes this world by excitement. It turns your expectations into things that you do not fully expect to happen. The world is fair because not everyone gets what they want. There are people who do, and some who are born into that. Everyone lives life a bit differently. If the unexpected never happens, then life would be as boring as watching Golf on Sundays.

"Be the change that you want to be, not what others want to see, because they will respect you more for becoming what they did not expect to see, and you will be happier for becoming the change that you did for you, and not others."

                                                 -Jacob Williams, July 2012 on Changing for yourself not others


A lot of people change for others, not in the result of others, but for others. Because we make these decisions on our own to be the change that we decide to be. Changing for other people will only make others happy for a limited time. If you do this change for yourself, if there is any that you see that you must change, then the better you will become in your pursuit of happiness. Everyone in this world deserves to find happiness in their heart, to be happy for themselves, because we are all different. This life is not about being better than others, because it in your heart that you are truly individual in all your decisions that you make. The truth is, no matter where you go, no one is better than you, and you are no better than them. Because we are all human beings, and for that, we all make mistakes. So, be the change that you want to be. Do not allow others to force you to change for them, but let them understand that you are only changing because it is for yourselves and not others. I already know, that no one is perfect, and I do not expect perfection from others. This is why I do not judge others. Just because I do not judge others doe not mean that I am any better than any of you, it just means that I have a different perspective on things. Everyone has the free will to live their lives the way they want to. 


God is Love. 

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment